Monday, January 11, 2010

Lady GaGa Talks About The Dark Side Of Fame

Lady GaGa Talks About The Dark Side Of Fame

On her debut album, Lady GaGa was in the hot pursuit of fame, hence why she titled it The Fame. It’s safe to say after selling millions of albums worldwide, an international tour, hit single after hit single, and paparazzi cameras following her every move that she’s found it. Unfortunately, GaGa has discovered fame isn’t always the glamorous skip in the park it appears to be on the outside looking in, so she decided to re-release her album and explore fame’s every facet. The Fame Monster heads to stores on November 24 with not one or two but eight new songs, including the set’s first single, “Bad Romance,” which reunites GaGa with her “Just Dance” collaborator RedOne. “I wrote about everything I didn’t write on ‘The Fame’,” GaGa said in a statement. “While traveling the world for two years, I’ve encountered several monsters, each represented by a different song on the new record: my ‘Fear of Sex Monster,’ my ‘Fear of Alcohol Monster,’ my ‘Fear of Love Monster,’ my ‘Fear of Death Monster,’ my ‘Fear of Loneliness Monster,’ etc.” GaGa says for the new songs, which boast production by Teddy Riley, Rodney Jerkins, Ron Fair and Fernando Garibay, she experimented with “industrial/Goth beats, 90’s dance melodies, an obsession with the lyrical genius of 80’s melancholic pop, and the runway.” Her favorite of them all is a heartfelt ballad written for her father entitled “Speechless.”

Source: neonlimelight.com